RELEVANCE OF SEMI-LATERAL POSITION 30 º
- Generally the prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers is based on the principle of reducing pressure on the tissue contact surface by increasing the pressure or by transferring a lower risk areas.
- Most medical units include postural changes, with lateralizaciones to 90 as part of the strategy for prevention and treatment of ulcers in patientswith high or very high risk.
- While this position is effective in reducing the pressures on the sacrum, the pressure increases in the trochanter.
- Using this position is often the cause of development of pressure ulcers worsening multiple diagnosis and extending hospitalization.
- Conclusion: frequent changes of position with 90 ° lateralizaciones suficientespara not prevent the risk of pressure ulcers in the trochanter.
THE SOLUTION: SEMI-LATERAL POSITION 30 º
- Several authors recommend studies and strongly defendsemi lateral position at 30 ° to replace lateralizaciones strategy to 90 because of the risk to the trochanter.
- The principle behind a 30 º position is the transfer of pressure to lower risk areas without well-vascularized bony.
Manufactured by memory foam memory effect and especially recommended for the prevention or treatment of pressure ulcers in the sacral and trochanter.